Granny dear brought our boys a fun do-it-yourself toy kit that we put together the other night....
It was fascinating to watch how hard they concentrated. I have been doing a little bit of reading about the Montessori method, and one of the things they encourage is allowing your child to concentrate on a task matched to their skill level, without interruption or direction from the parent. I'm usually asking them questions, telling them what I think of their work, being 'involved' etc... it was a really amazing experience to just observe them at work. And not allow myself to direct them, just to watch and be... quiet. It was one of those parenting 'moments' when I learned that being quiet, listening and observing isn't something only children should be taught.





3 comments:
So fun! They look great, and what a good leason for mom too, i will have to remember that, Poor Coop has a lot of direction from me all the time since he is the first child and so far the only child. Love ya charity!
kasey
I am excited when Rorke can put his together. So fun! Love you guys!
those look like such fun little kits! i'd be interested to hear more about what you think of the montessori method.
Post a Comment