Friday, December 12, 2008

Hi, my name is Charity and I'm a coupon junkie....

Give me a coupon and I'll buy just about anything. Tell me something's on clearance and even if I have never used the product, I'll probably buy six. I can't walk past a rack of 75% off clothes and not stop, even with screaming kids in tow. (When I tell my husband how much money I saved, he still isn't impressed. "You still had to spend money, honey. That's the opposite of saving," he has said to me more than once!) So, I finally decided to get an organized plan of attack and put these impulses to work for me.
I have discovered online grocery coupons (insert wonderous ahhhhhh here, accompanied by tinkling chimes). You can print them off of your computer, at no cost (other than monthly internet service, cost of printer, paper and ink...but I already have that anyways!) and redeem them at almost any grocery store. And, if that store happens to also be having a sale on those particular items, woo hoo! I took the time to match up my coupons with sale items from a local store's flyer, and this is what I came home with: (yes, I accept the fact that I am a nerd and arranged them nicely for the picture... I was excited, what can I say more?)


and this was my receipt:


( note the $88.78 coupon savings- my coupons combined with store savings)

$52.10! For a table full of groceries (42 items!). Including milk, butter, cereal, 18 "mega" rolls of T.P., snacks, soda, soup, instant potatoes, cookie and brownie mix, yogurt... stuff we use weekly and have been needlessly paying full price for! I wish they had coupons for meat and fresh fruit and veggies... but still, I am thrilled to have found another way to save money and challenge myself to get the best deals! I think this may become an addiction....! I seriously felt so good about myself and the extra time that I took to figure out the deals and find the coupons was ridiculously worth it! (shameless plug here- if you want some coupons, go to www dot coupons dot com. You just need to register & download a simple program and you can access tons of coupons and find deals galore! Also, betty crocker dot com has coupons, too!) Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I need to take lessons. I love saving money

Nat said...

WOW!! I'm so bad at bargain shopping. I read a little article the other day, and it mentioned that site, as well as smartsource.com, retailmenot.com, couponcabin, and couponmom.com. I haven't gone to any of these sites, mind you, but I want to!

Hilary G. said...

That is great! I love to save money, especially on food now days. I love those coupons also, but Winco won't take them and that's were we usually shop. I love to save.