Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tag I'm It!

Adorable Sister-in-law Kim tagged me for this one!


Here are the instructions


1) Go to your picture folder, or wherever you store your photos on your computer

2) Go to the sixth folder and pick the sixth picture


3) Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes along with the picture


4) Tag four friends to do the same thing

This picture is of Tyler and me on his first plane ride. In September, my brothers and sisters and I all got together at our sister Dyana's house, in Edmonton, Alberta (that's in Canada for anyone who doesn't know their geography, ahem...). I took both my boys by myself, since my husband couldn't come with us. It was quite a day. Our first flight took off at 6am from Idaho Falls. Notice I said FIRST flight. We had two more that day, total of 6 hours flying time. I was overly ambitious I think , travelling alone with 2 toddlers, aged 3 and almost 1 years old, plus 2 car seats, 1 playpen, luggage, carry-ons, snacks, blankeys, suckeys, crossing an international border, etc. etc. etc.! If I hadn't gone into it not knowing what it would be like- well, I may not have gone at all! But it was supremely worth every inconvenience to be with my family again. We had a blast, and made many more memories. Sometimes I wish I didn't live so far away from my brothers and sisters. I am the only one who lives in the States. (I grew up in a little town called Salmon Arm, BC for anyone who doesn't know that about me. My mother is American and all her children have had Dual Citizenship since we were young.) It's just so easy for me to be around my family and I miss them all the time. Thankful for the love we share.

I tag Dana, Miranda, Hilary & Brooke. (if they read this!)

1 comment:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

It would be hard to not be close to your family. I often take it for granted.
I flew once by myself to go see Jay while he was working in Hawaii when we had two kids- ages 4 and 2 and my 5 year old nephew (his dad with also in Hawaii) came with us. Needless to say, I paid extra for a straight through flight!