I have had a hard time feeling "Christmassey" this year. I couldn't tell you any particular reason why-I just wasn't looking forward to doing the whole big shebang again. My tree isn't up yet, no lights up outside, I just bought the first few presents for my boys yesterday. Today though-I think it's kicked in.
I feel more like Christmas because of my boys. All 3 of the men in my life that I love. I always tell my boys that I am a lucky mommy. My boys are the best. You other mothers may protest at that, but I will inform you that you are sadly mistaken. My boys are the most handsome, strongest, smartest, kindest, most loving sons. My husband is the most ruggedly handsome,
smartest, hardest working, giving, patient partner. I am excited about getting the chance to make memories with my family this year. The thought of creating memories together finally kicked in the excitement for me. It's not about the stuff and the decorating, but about remembering the past and creating memories for my boy's pasts. That's exciting!
I had a little moment with Tyler last night. He's teething I think- something is bugging him. After getting up at least three times to lay him back in his bad and pray that this time he would stay asleep, I finally stopped focusing on just getting him back to sleep, and instead focused on comforting him and giving him what he wanted. I walked him for a while, then as he was just falling asleep, his hand shot up and felt around for me. I stuck out my cheek for him to feel, and as soon as he felt me there, he settled in and drifted off. It made me feel so important, that all he needed to finally feel safe and secure was to know that I was there.
I think a lot about Heavenly Father at night when I'm up with the boys. I wonder what He goes through, raising me. Does He think I'm just being so silly, and if I would just relax it would all be easier, the way I think about my kids? Is He proud when I do certain things, or when He sees a little of Himself in me? Does His heart melt like mine does when I see my children being kind to each other? I hope so.
I am thankful for the gifts of prayer and inspiration in my life.
Sometimes, I too just need to know that He is there.
What to plant in Fall Zone 6 gardens
5 years ago





3 comments:
Oh Charity! You are such a good mom! I agree I can't wait to start traditions!
You're story with Tyler, honestly made me cry! You do have the best lil' boys around.
I am so excited to have those tender moments. You are such an inspriation, don't doubt yourself, you're simply amazing!
Love You!
What a tender moment with you and Tyler. Those moments are the best. You are wonderful Charity. You have a great family and a lot of that is because of your gift as a mother. Heavenly Father knows and loves you very much, you are a choice spirit! I love you tons! Happy Holidays!
Love ya,
Kasey
I haven't been in the Christmas spirit at all this year. I guess I need to refocus, eh?
Post a Comment