Well yes, it has been a while since I updated. My apologies. October has been so busy already and we still have another week and a half to go. So far, I've been busy preparing for and helping out with our ward's Super Saturday. This year, we had a blog set up to show all our crafts and get the word out ( check it out at www.lincoln6thsupersaturday.blogspot.com ). I was in charge of setting that up and keeping track of comments, etc. I also became the 'old barn window lady' I guess. I found a girl in Pocatello who sells them and gets more all the time. We had these as one of our crafts. We sanded, painted and fixed them up to transform into picture frames. They look pretty neat, but I have to admit I stole the idea from my mother-inlaw (fabulous decorator that she is - she has such neat, refreshing style).
This week, my sweet little Tyler guy turns 1! So, we are getting ready for that-his theme is Pirates! Daddy decided that for his birthday dinner we will be having Gneffalas, a decidedly Stierle food. Those are an all-day process to make, so hopefully I will have the help of my sister-in-law Danniell and my wonderful mother-in-law :D (Note the subtle begging....)
Then next week, my sweetest of all sweeties will be 30! I can't believe my husband is going to be in a different age bracket from myself! HA HA HA HA HA. (just kidding, I love you babe!) We will probably be celebrating that one quietly... anyone who has even met him will understand! He has really amazed me lately. He is now the branch manager where he works, and has made me continually proud of him in everything he does. He is the hardest working, most deserving man I have ever met. I'm honored to be his partner for eternity. :)
Next we have Halloween. A production as always, and one of my most favorite holidays (beside Thanksgiving and Christmas). This year, our theme is the Scooby Gang. Guess who I am. Hmmmmmmm. Velma! Maybe it's the glasses, I don't know. Nick is Scooby, Tyler is Freddy, Auntie Moe is Daphne and Uncle Cub will be Shaggy. I am lucky to have such a great family that will occasionally indulge my crazy ideas. We will have plenty of pictures forthcoming for all these events.
Last night we had family pumpkin carving night, that was so much fun. Nicholas had fun painting his little pumpkin that Granny helped him carve. I made a pretty spooky face on a black-painted pumpkin, courtesy of Daddy Digger. We were blessed to be able to get our pumpkins from the Abbots, a family friend of my in-laws. They are such an awesome couple with an amazing garden that they willingly and generously share. I am envious of their garden and aspire to that goal one day. It doesn't help that every plant I have ever touched has died. Maybe I should just touch the weeds. Hmmmm, there's an idea! But I am so thankful for their generosity!
What a month it's been. It only gets better, right?
What to plant in Fall Zone 6 gardens
6 years ago





1 comment:
LOVED the update! I can't believe it is aleady October and it is Rogue and Tyler's Bdays. I love your new blog background!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the Halloween. I am even more excited to be there around the first of Novemeber, I miss you and your fam so much!!
Love ya!
Your sister,
Kasey
Post a Comment