Thursday, May 22, 2008

the Naked Chef

So I gave Nicholas a hard-boiled egg because he was throwing a fit about wanting an egg. I went to change Tyler's diaper and set him down for a nap, figuring he couldn't make too big of a mess with it while I was gone. I need to stop underestimating him. He started calling out to me, telling me that he needed a plate. Bewildered, I went to the kitchen and this is what I found:


He had pulled a chair up to the range and 'cracked' his egg into a skillet. Thank goodness he can't reach the burner knobs yet! What you can't really see in the picture is that there is actually about 1/4" of olive oil in the pan. He's seen me cooking before and I guess he remembers more than I think he would. He thought the egg was ready and needed his plate!

So being the indulgent mother I am, he got his plate, but didn't want his egg after all. He decided to have Cap'n Crunch (with freshly cracked pepper, his favorite thing to add to everything now). I guess the crunchberries weren't enough! It still overwhelms me how closely he pays attention and his memory capacity. He will talk about people we haven't seen in months, and he knows the way home when we are out driving around. He tells me "No mommy, turn around! That way!" if I go a different route or have another errand to run on the way home. We always joke that he is a little man, but it really is true. He is almost 3 - going on 33.

1 comment:

The Bryger Family said...

I almost died laughing!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!
Kasey