As hard as I try to stop it, as much as I plead with them to quit ~ my children still grow older.
We are now proud parents to a six year old. With two missing teeth, who couldn't be any cuter.
See?
Purty dang cute, eh?!
(I can say eh because I'm Canadian... and purty 'cause I've lived in Idaho.{nyah})
We had a great family day on his real birthday, and a friend party on Saturday. For our family day he finally was old enough to choose his own birthday dinner (hamburgers) and he even chose his own cake. Lego Toy Story Green Army Men.
He helped me decorate it. Can ya tell?
Daddy and Tyler went shopping all by themselves to get the present, it was so sweet to see them set off and have that fun time alone. I think Nicholas approved of what they came back with!
Nicholas received a package from Granny, Grampy, Moe & Cub that contained our evening's entertainment:
along with popcorn and movie snacks, it was such a great gift for him and our whole family. SOMEONE was a spoiler though... he must have been so excited that he just had to share the ending. Typical Nick. :)
For his friend party the birthday boy chose Lego Star Wars theme. We found a great website that had Star Wars party ideas and went to town! The menu included light saber hot dogs, Han burgers, Yoda soda, a watermelon carved into a death star, ewok munch, and a smash cake that looked like the death star. Each child took a turn smashing the hollow chocolate orb until it was destroyed, and then grabbed out the candy inside. I think the boys had fun! How often are you allowed to use a hammer on your birthday cake?!
Smashing the Death Star!!
Death Star melon
the cake before it was imploded smashed
It has been such a great week celebrating our sweet boy. Raising him has been such an amazing ride and I always feel like I learn more from him than I could ever hope to teach him in return. He brings joy and pride into my life and so, so much love! I tell him that I am such a lucky mom to have him for my son, and I know it is the truth.
LOVE YOU MY NICK-A-LOO!!






3 comments:
I agree with you on the "grrr" I don't know why they keep getting so big on us!!!
So I decided you should go into the party planning business, you have such fun parties for your kids! the cake smashing would be every childs dream. So fun!
miss you so much, love you tons!
kasey
They really do grow up so fast :( You are such a cute mom and made such a fun birthday for your boy! So creative. Love it.
awww too fun! happy belated bday Nick!!
Post a Comment