Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ID&WA

Here you go JENN!!
I'm sure most of you know by now, we are all settled in our new home in Washington! It is absolutely gorgeous with the greenery, the lush mountains nearby, babbling creeks and sparkling lakes. sigh. We are mostly moved in, but we do still have a few things to bring up from our rented garage to our 3rd floor apartment. The boys have been doing very well so far, we keep pretty busy exploring and with our daily routines. Our complex has a pool, a playground, a kids indoor play room, walking trails around and through the forested area surrounding us, lots of stuff for curious little boys to do. Today we went for a walk down to the playground and then around the trails. The boys got to watch bumblebees pollinating the buttercups, and we checked on a blackberry bush we found to see how the berries are growing. They got so excited to see even more little green berries growing, and even a few ones that were getting plump and turning orange. We are having lots of fun. I keep feeling like this is such a great adventure just for our little family. We have been able to have great family activities each Saturday. The first weekend, Daddy took us to ChuckECheese. I'm not sure who had a bigger grin on their face when the big mouse came out, Daddy or the boys. It was pretty fun to see him be a big kid. I love being able to see how he feels written all over his face, especially when it's how he feels about our children. He adores them and it's obvious!
Last weekend we went down to the towns we used to live in before we moved to Idaho, and saw some old friends. We also got to take the kids to Wally's drive in for some good old burgers and shakes. My husband took me there when we were dating and last weekend we got to sit with our children in the very same booth we had sat in before we were married. It was a moment. :) AND the shakes were soooooo goooooood.
Sweet Nicholas finished kindergarten just before we moved. Our awesome family in Idaho came to his 'graduation' and showed us some awesome support. We sure do love and miss you all! Thank you for being as proud of our children as we are!
Nicholas also has his first loose tooth. He is over the moon excited about it, and is getting more and more wiggly by the day. It has been about a week now, so I think we should have a little toothless picture to share soon. We are coming back for a visit next weekend, maybe the tooth fairy will have to come to Idaho to find him? Who knows!
Tyler is doing great as well. He is thrilled to have his big brother home all day now. I honestly don't think he misses "Mommy and Tyler Time" AT ALL. The two play with each other alllllll day. It is awesome to see them being best buddies. I am truly a blessed mother and I am so thankful that I get to witness the love they have. Rogue tells me that when people he talks to find out that I don't work, they are just flabbergasted at how we can make that work and survive financially. It really is a different world here vs Idaho. I am anxious to get to know some of the other young moms in our ward and see if it is really a rare thing there too, or just in the 'normal' world.
Life is good. We are happy even though we do miss our family and good friends in ID. WA has been good to us so far and we are recognizing how much we love each other more and more every day. It has been an amazing and gratifying experience so far.
At the park today
 Diploma!



 Tickets at Chuckie's
 The mouse himself
 Poolside



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESS!!! YOU EVEN MENTIONED ME AT THE TOP. i understand you love Washington. but thats because you are an abondoner.. i will continue to call it the devil state!! : ) alsoo I CANT WAIT FOR YALL TO COME!! the boys look really happy though : P

The Bryger Family said...

yummy burgers and shakes!!!!! That sounds super yummy :), how fun that you get to share some of your old stomping grounds with your two wonderful boys!

People are also surprised ALL the time that I don't work. When I go into Bry's work they are just flabbergasted as well as to how I can just stay at home, and not go crazy. They just don't understand the true joys of being a mother. Love you sister! So glad we get to be stay at home moms with our wonderful children! I miss you, and am so happy that you are all doing well. I would love to see Rogue's face at chuckie cheese! :)

loves
your sister
kasey

Becca said...

fun! k we need to plan a play date for some time in July! we'll probably abandon our kids at your house on the last weekend of July so we should get together before then so they don't freak out when I leave them with a near-total stranger. :D