Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome, Indeed

Have I ever told you that not only are my children perfect, but my husband is amazing?


This past weeekend, we escaped...


it was much needed...


and incredible....


Can you guess where we went?





My studmuffin of a husband had us picked up at the airport in something like this....



and it was a total surprise to me. My first time in one. How sweet is he?! We drove down the strip at night, arriving at our hotel... and this was our view....



and the room that welcomed us to our little retreat....


and the place I got to relax for some much needed mommy alone time....
and here as well, with my virgin pina colada... and nothing else to do but sip....
Have I mentioned my hubs is a stud? Thought you might like to know. Just remember, he's taken.
We got to sleep in, do a little shopping together, then eat at some amazing places. When he was here a few years ago, he ate at the Mandalay Bay buffet and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Of course, wifey had to go too. It was worth talking about for two years! I am still drooling over the shrimp-stuffed sea bass, the grilled lamb chops and the veal osso buco... and of course the prime rib and enormous shrimp... mmmmmmm.
*sigh*
Some people lose big in Vegas...
but I'm sure I gained...
even more love for my sweet honey...
and maybe a few pounds....

But it was worth every incredible second...
and bite...
Thank you my love.
And thank you to wonderful granny, for taking the munchkins. Even though we missed them... we didn't miss them....
and we loved them that much more when we got back.

3 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

I am so glad you were able to get away. You totally deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jo said...

wow. wow. sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN! awesome!

Miranda said...

What a weekend and your husband is fabulous! Glad you said virgin Margarita! I was beginning to wonder....