This is my sister in law Kasey, Danniell's older sister (I would say big, but she is about a foot shorter than the rest of her family, soooo..... ;)I love her because she is constantly encouraging and expresses herself so warmly and often. She is one of those people who sees the world through rose-colored glasses and wants to share that view with the world, and her family first. I am thankful for her inspiration and love.
This is my older sister Dawn Marie. I love her because she loves me. When Nicholas was a newborn I must have called her every day asking questions, in hindsight they were pretty weird questions, but she answered every "does this breathing sound normal to you?" lovingly and patiently, and helped me make the scary transition from wife to mother. For your help and love, I love you. She recently went back to school to become a special education assistant, and is now working at the school her 2 boys attend. I am so proud that she accomplished that feat while raising the three cutest kids in the world.
This is my little sister Becca. I love her because she is really, truly an inspiration of accomplishment. She has shown me up in almost every arena possible. She has a Bachelor's degree from UBC (during which time she became the rugby rookie of the year-yes, I said rugby), is a black belt in Tae Kwan Do (and the new Canadian National sparring CHAMP!!), she is smart, athletic, and funny to boot. I love her because she makes me want to be a
This is my mother in law Jeanne (we just call her Granny!). I proudly announce that I am the luckiest daughter in law in the world, because this woman is amazing! She raised seven children, each of them incredible people. I am so ecstatic that my sons get to call her grandma, and that she will have part in their lives. You can't help but be a better person after simply being in her presence. I love her for her patience, example, creative inspirations, encouragement and willingness to help us out whatever the cost. I really lucked out. Sometimes I joke that I married my husband for his family, but part of me really believes its true. ;)
Finally this is my mother, the woman who raised me. I love her because she has taught me by example her whole life the importance of service. She is always involved in some project for somebody, whether it's helping make things for a wedding, babysitting, sewing, making moccasins, or countless other things. She even donated a kidney to a complete stranger. After preparing to donate it to her sister, but not being able to in time, she honored her sister's wishes and donated it anonymously several years ago. Since then, she has met and formed a great friendship with the recipient. I am thankful for her example of tireless service and giving.
I'm ridiculously inspired by these and so many more women in my life. I really am so so lucky to know many wonderful women and mothers who shape my view of what motherhood can and even could be. Thank you and I wish every mother a happy, restful, thankful Mother's Day.
more accomplished person and therefore a better mom. (this pic is of her a few years ago, just after she announced she was pregnant-thus the awesome pose)
This is my sister in law Kim. She is the newest mom in our family, and it has been awesome watching the change in her. (By the way, isn't she just the cutest pregnant woman you have ever seen?!) Her daughter is almost one month old, and is the luckiest, most spoiled little girl there is. I am so thrilled that her journey into motherhood has just begun and I love her for how much fun she is and how she expresses her love for her family. She has been a wonderful addition to the family and I can't wait to see how her little girl grows with this fabulous woman for a mother.
This is my mother in law Jeanne (we just call her Granny!). I proudly announce that I am the luckiest daughter in law in the world, because this woman is amazing! She raised seven children, each of them incredible people. I am so ecstatic that my sons get to call her grandma, and that she will have part in their lives. You can't help but be a better person after simply being in her presence. I love her for her patience, example, creative inspirations, encouragement and willingness to help us out whatever the cost. I really lucked out. Sometimes I joke that I married my husband for his family, but part of me really believes its true. ;)
I'm ridiculously inspired by these and so many more women in my life. I really am so so lucky to know many wonderful women and mothers who shape my view of what motherhood can and even could be. Thank you and I wish every mother a happy, restful, thankful Mother's Day.





4 comments:
Wow Charity... you have brought a tear to my eye. I hope you know how extremly amazing you are!!! I LOVE LOVE You... your example, grace, beauty, and testimony are a blessing in my life. I feel lucky to have you as a sister. I LOVE YOU TONS!!!!
Kasey
Oh Charity May!!!
You warm my heart...& you need to know what an inspiration & example you are to me! I love your spirit & the humbling presence you have about yourself.
You're a fabulous sister!
Love Love Love Love Love Love YOU!!
what a sweet tribute to the moms in your life! i should've thought of that! :)
p.s. thanks for saying hi at church today.
What an awesome tribute, but you left yourself off and I think you are an amazing person and an incredible Mom. Your boys are so lucky to have you in their lives. I am excited you get to go see all you r family this summer!
Post a Comment