Friday, May 15, 2009

Progress

See this little speck up high on that roof? It's my 3 year old. I am fighting the urges I have to be obsessively over-protective. Maybe I went a little too far in the opposite direction today? I just know that I love seeing my children surprise me with their independence and fearlessness. He wasn't scared at all, really he loved it and was very responsible and safe on the roof. (Trust me though, I still had a mini-heart attack and still can't believe I let him up there.)
Uncle Paul came over today to put the shingles on our shop, and took Nick up there to help him for a few minutes. He had a ball feeling like one of the guys, and Paul is the only person in the world I would trust with my baby like that other than my hubs. Nick even got to use a nail gun- how cool is that?!
And here is my man up on a roof. Since it's such a rare sight, I figured I'd better catch it on camera, he he he. He used to be a pole-barner with his family back in the good old days. But that was a looong time ago. ;)I am also making progress with my chairs. I have them both stripped, and one is even painted. I've changed my mind a few times about the fabric. I am trying to decide whether or not I have the guts to go bold. What do you think? I am leaning towards the black and white...


(I threw this one in to see if I just wanted a bold accent pillow)
Let me know what you think (about the fabric, not letting my 3 year old up on a roof. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some flack about that already. Just know that he was with his loving Uncle, who has been up on roof since he was 3 as well... or so he told me to put me at ease. )

5 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Oooo... I like the bold print!! It depends I guess on where you are going to put it. The nice thing about doing a solid color is that you can change up the pillows for each season and make it new looking anytime you want with a new pillow. So I would maybe do solid just so that I could do a bunch of fun pillows for each season to put on it.

P.S... Way to go Nick!! You look great with a nail gun. :)

Love ya!!
Kasey

jo said...

i love, love, love the black and white! your chairs look great!
and this is really weird, but we're building a shop in our back yard as well and we're at a very similar stage in progress. no shingles yet, though!

Nat said...

I LOVE the black and white, but I agree with Kasey-you can do the gray and just switch up pillows or something to change the look.

Shera said...

Small world, those chair were my grandmothers!!!! After trying to figure out how to recover them for years, I sold them at a neighbors garage sale a few years ago. I guess the buyers could not figure out how to recover them either. So now when I see how you have fixed them up, I am trying not to be envious of your skills. I love the black and white. They are going to look fabulous!!

Miranda said...

Holy cow I was just reading Shera's post, that is hilarious! I think you should totally go bold, I love the print. I would have had a heart attack with my little man on the roof. Yeah for shingles!