I've been going along with a spring cleaning challenge from the blog 'Organization for Real Life' (link on the right if you're curious). So far, I am thrilled how it's going. I have to say though, it has been more than adventurous keeping track of what my two boys are doing while I clean. I'll admit they have been watching a little more TV than normal, but at other times, they are happily playing together in their room, or chasing each other around with the vacuum hose attachment (Nicholas call it the "backuum sword") or finding new things to jump off of.... ahhhhh, being a mother of two boys who are exactly like their father is definitely exciting!
So in an effort to increase my accountability, I wanted to share my progress!
Day 1: Kids bathroom. First picture is the medicine cabinet before, then after. You couldn't really tell that much change in the rest of the bathroom, so I just posted one of the 'after'. It is beautiful and sparkling clean, though! I have found myself peeking in on it every now and then, relishing in its cleanliness! (an obvious word to the wise: vinyl shower curtains don't work well with washing machines. We now have a new shower curtain ... ahem....) My husband just about fainted with happiness when he saw the cabinet. I am a clutter keeper-and to him, clean and empty are just about the same thing. He was ecstatic, but sarcastically asked "and how long is it going to stay this way?" Hmmmm.
Day 2 was the linen closet. It's a linen closet. But more organized. Woo hoo.
Day 3: kids room #1. This one took me about 4 hours because I also went through all the toys and figured out which ones could be stored, go to DI, and what was actually trash. I wound up with 2 bags for DI, a full bag of trash, and 4 tubs of things to go in storage. WOW! Now if only I could train my boys to keep it like this!





6 comments:
Nicely done sis!!! It is looking great. Doesn't it feel good to have things cleaned? I need to do that with my back bedroom. I have just been to lazy to do a real good deep clean. You are an inspiration. :)
Love ya!
Kasey
It looks so good! I've been wanting to do the challenge, but haven't started yet...I'm the ultimate procrastinator! I'm thinking I'll start tomorrow, though, after tonight's ward talent show! I LOVE to clean and organize.
wow! your place is looking great. i think it might be summer before i get to my spring cleaning...yikes.
thanks for your kind words on my blog!
Wow! You go Sis!
I love being organized!
It is looking good!! I keep forgetting to take before pictures, so I don't feel justified to take and after picture. I love walking in the rooms that I have just finished cleaning too. I keep opening up my linen closet and just start at how nice and clean it is!
Looking good woman! Isn't it amazing how much stuff you can get rid off. I need to do some of that! I will be checking out that link!
Post a Comment