Friday, April 24, 2009

Gone, Done and Workin' On

Sad news has come to the Stierle household. My dear little vegetable plants that I started waaaay too early (in February) have not survived. This past week it was so beautiful outside that I decided to put them out on our back deck for a little sun and fresh air... I forgot about the wind. It whipped through them, knocking them over and breaking their poor little spirits. I'm pretty sad... I feel like I was emotionally invested in these plants, I had cared for them so long! My peas were about 18" tall, and even my little yellow bean plants had started to sprout flowers. Gone.

In happier news... some of the girls in our neighborhood started a craft group and we had our first project day yesterday. We made these cute banners - everyone chose something different, obviously not everyone has the two cutest kids in the world named Nicholas and Tyler! I think they turned out pretty neat! I put them up in their rooms and last night I was trying to put Nick to bed (they actually both sleep together on a queen bed in Ty's room ) and he wasn't having it because "This doesn't say Nicholas, Mommy!" Maybe he is finally ready to actually sleep in his own room by himself?!



Somthing else I tried that turned out... Cupcake Pops from Bakerella. I made these for one of my neighbor's birthday, and I think they are pretty cute! (and easier than they look!) Done.



Now for my next project... I found these chairs for free on the side of the road... I thought they had potential!

So I am planning on taking off the fabulous orange and brown striped 70's velvet, painting the wood an antique white and recovering them in this fabric:

What do you think? I always hope things turn out as good as they are in my head. We'll have to see! (and this would be.. Workin' on!)

4 comments:

Kim Stierle said...

You are so STINKIN fabulous!!
your cupcakes are fabulous by the way, YUMMMMM-O!!

I cant wait to see your chair! Go sis go!

Miranda said...

Our plants didn't survive fir the same reason, bummer. Love the banner and that chair so jealous I have been looking for some like that for my studio! Make them look fabulous!

Nat said...

Poor little plants! I would be no good at gardening, though I really should try...maybe next year! And I love the name things, and the chair idea; I've always wanted to try and reappholster something.

jo said...

i'm so sorry about your plants. hey, at least you tried, right? i'm just no good at the gardening thing. i leave it completely to the husband.
and those chairs are going to be so cute! i've been looking around at all kinds of thrift/antique stores to find some chairs to reupholster.