I have a secret mission this week. Since my husband doesn't read my blog (I think), I can confess. He has an especially crazy work week. More than usual. Anyone who has even met him understands the manaical workaholic that he is, so for me to say he has an even bigger week than the one he normally establishes for himself, is saying a lot. So I have taken it upon myself to do something for him each day to show him, in a simple way, that I was thinking about him and wanted to make him smile.
Day 1: I brought him home a donut.
Big whoop, right? Well, it's not an unending declaration of my love (he already has that, silly!). But, it is something I rarely do and I know he loves. He loves the maple bars (which I think is kind of funny, since he married a tall Canadian, he he. But we call them long johns... anyways....) and every time I take the kids grocery shopping, I buy them a donut if they behave. We have purchased so many that my boys call the grocery store "The Donut Store". Great parenting, right? (Funny aside-last time Nicholas stayed with Granny for the day, he actually convinced her to take him to "The Donut Store" because he had been a good boy... hmmmm)

However, I don't usually buy one for my honey. So yesterday I did. Then he came home weary and disgusted with the world, and after dinner discovered his little treat waiting patiently for him. I think he appreciated it. He smiled.
I was happy too.





2 comments:
What a great idea! Mmm, I love maple bars!
What a sweet wife you are, I should do something like that...
Post a Comment