Nicholas gave his first talk in Primary this past Sunday. I have to say I was so proud of him and how well he did. His topic was 'I came to earth as part of a family'. I don't think most of the room understood what he was saying, considering his lips never left the microphone. (Now that I am thinking about that- yuck!) But we practiced all week at home, and I was proud that he didn't try and tell me he couldn't get up in front of everyone, or simply refuse to speak at all. In fact, he is usually up out of his seat in front of the room anyhow. That kid just doesn't like to sit still, and he loves being center of attention.
Daddy was in the back of the room and Nick kept on waving and smiling at him throughout his talk. I think it is one of the greatest joys in my life to see my family loving each other. As my husband says, it 'warms the cockles'.
I just wanted to tell you all I am so proud of my boys, and I love being able to be in Primary with Nicholas, watching him change and grow. Our next challenge will be getting Tyler to go to nursery in April, but I really don't think that will be too hard. Give that kid some toys and snacks, and he's be happy almost anywhere!





3 comments:
I wish I could have been there to see it!! I love it when children give talks!!!
Love ya!
Kasey
I am impressed that they had him give a talk as a sunbeam. They only let the kids say the prayer as sumbeams there. Wow he is a hansome little man. How did our kids get so big already. It seems like I was just pregnant and visiting with you in the hospital right after Nicholas was born.
well, i actually did the assigning- i am the primary secretary ha ha! but i'm suprised your ward doesn't have the sunbeams do more!
Post a Comment