Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween

Just a quick post about our Halloween this year- this year's theme was the Scooby Doo Gang. Nick got the honor of being the pup himself, we made Tyler into Freddy, Aunty Moe was Daphne and I was the gloriously nerdy Velma. Even Granny was a good sport and transformed herself into "Madame Dupree"! We went to the Boo at the Zoo this year, which was really neat. They had hundreds of carved pumpkins around the zoo and little trick or treat stations for the kids. We tried to win at the costume contest, but got beat out by a family of ballerinas (I think it was the dad in a tutu that gave them the edge).

Halloween night Cub and Moe came over and we went around the neighborhood raiding candy buckets. (Yes, I will admit that was us at 9 o'clock) We justified ourselves by saying we weren't taking any candy away from the little kids (we didn't even see anyone else in the neighborhood), and we were helping get rid of the leftovers for those poor people who would have had to eat all that candy themselves. We're saints, right?
Now we are getting ourselves psyched up for Thanksgiving, the best of all the Stierle holidays. When Kasey gets to town next week, we will be heading out looking for our Thanksgiving plates. Can't wait to see her and meet little Cooper too! I'm thankful for events like this that bring us all together!

No comments: