Thursday, February 7, 2008

Elmo Shoes and Laundry Basket Football


A few more random moments from our day. Nicholas fell in love with his new Elmo slippers and couldn't imagine going on without owning them. You should have seen the scene in the store. He stopped right next to the display and made a magnificent "ooooooohhhhhh". Then he picked up a pair and walked over to the mirror and said "I like Elmo! Mom, hug Elmo" as he then handed them to me, expecting me to also hug the slippers and immediately fall in love as he had. I figured anything worth making that much fuss over deserves a place in our cart. I know, I'm a pushover.

When we got home and laid Tyler down for his nap (ah, the good child who still sleeps 3 times a day...), Nicholas and I decided we'd play catch. But instead of normal catch, he put his laundry basket over his head and proceeded to pick up the football with his hands still inside the mesh. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. Oh, to be amused so easily....

Oh, and this is the sliding door out onto our back deck. Nice, eh? Winter has been a cruel mistress this year. Paul brought the Bobcat over a few nights ago and cleared our driveway and you can't even tell. We call our entryway "the stairs of death". Glad I'm not a man who has to shovel snow. Ha ha ha ha!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

my heart is melting! I LOVE your blog! It is so fun to see pics of my cute nephew Nicholas!!!!!!! That first picture is going as my screen saver at work. He is to cute.

Kasey

BRYGER said...

I think you should teach Nicholas to shovel snow. It would be a good winter hobby for your boys.