Halloween this year was pretty fun. We had Daddy bear's birthday party Halloween afternoon (his real b-day is the 28th) and we were so happy our family could make it to that! After Indian tacos and snickers bar cake (his traditional dinner) we went out trick or treating. Granny, Uncle Cub and Auntie Moe stayed and came out with us. Granny even dressed up as a pumpkin! We love our fam!
Nick was a clone trooper
Ty was Scooby (Nick's costume last year- I am loving having all these hand-me-downs)
So... our house has been all white for the three years we have lived here. And, every place we have lived before has had white walls. And my sweet husband hates having things up on the walls. I swear, for the first two years of our marriage, our walls were bare and white and I felt like I lived in a hospital. I slowly started adding pictures and things to our walls a few years ago, and I think I have warmed him up to that. Still, our home was lacking real color... so, when Hubs went on a business trip to Arizona for a few days last month, this is what he came home to!
The main wall in our open layout living room is now a delicious slate blue. Mmmmm. I didn't tell him until the night before I painted. :) He's the one whose motto is "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission". Mwa ha ha! I also painted the rocking chairs, but I will have to do another post about my adventures in furniture painting. I have been working hard on a lot of things around the house. AND remember my chairs? They are almost done! One is covered and waiting trim, the other is almost ready for trim as well. They are looking so gooooood! (If you look at the picture of Nick above, you can have a sneak peek!)
Next!
We had a fun day with Auntie and Uncle a while go- I found a recipe for slime and had to try it out. Suuuper fun and stupid easy.
Ty Ty is in a funky mood more often lately... terrible twos, here we come.





3 comments:
YAY!!! A picture of your fabulous wall!!! i can't wait to see your super fun chairs. You are so creative!!!! Your boys are super great.I can't wait for Thanksgiving, I think Coop might be able to keep up with them now.
Love ya
your sis
kasey
that slime looks pretty sweet! i think i need the recipe from you. what's tyler's bday again? is it the same as josh's or something? he looks so gangsta with his cake! lol. and good job on the painting! sniff... i'm so proud.
your house looks great! you're motivating me to get going on decorating in my house. :)
Post a Comment