


Sunday was Nicholas' birthday. The big 4. When Daddy asked him what kind of party he wanted this year, his reply was "FOUR!". After a few questions, we figured out he wanted four characters as the theme for his party. Curious George, Scooby Doo, Spider Man and The Incredibles. I love the way this kid's mind works~
This is what my little baby looked like at exactly 4 years old. He was born at 4:39 pm, the day before he was supposed to come. I had a c-section scheduled because he was breech, but went into labor the day before. I had been rushing around that day trying to get everything ready, and was at my mother in law's house when I stopped long enough to realise those pains I had been feeling all day were contractions! She drove like a madwoman to get me to the hospital in Rexburg, and Nicholas was born about two hours later! He has been just about as much trouble as he has been joy, and I wouldn't change one minute of his time with us. He is an amazing, loving, sweet and tender-hearted, rambunctious young man. I had no idea the day he was born how much love he would bring into our lives, and the chaos as well! I love it!
Since we were having four themes, I decided to make cupcakes to make the cake decorating easier on me... :] I found instructions how to make your own cupcake tower here.
Quote of the day? "I got all these presents! I'm the winner!"
I am so proud of this little (big) guy. I am always so happily surprised by my children, the kindness they show to each other, the independence they show me daily, and the intelligence that is in them- which I know comes from a loving Heavenly Father, not any genetic gifts! I am honored and humbled to be the caretaker of these sweet spirits during their time on earth. While I am still struggling to find the balance between holding on and letting go, I am loving every minute of my life and the amazing men I get to share it with.
I love you my Nick!





4 comments:
Oh I love our nephews!!
He is such a fun lil' boy!
You're a great mom!!
xoxoxoxo
I LOVE our nephews too!! What great little boys!!! I love the way his mind works too... 4 different themes, and all these presents. He is to cute. I can't wait to come in September and spend a few days with you all!!
Love ya,
Kasey
Sounds like Nick had a great birthday! Once again, an amazing cake done by you, will you be my wife :) You're amazing!
what a fun party! good job! and i saw your post about your sewing, WOW! i'm impressed!
Post a Comment